Points of interest
Have a look on what you can do here around the Domaine : here
Hiking in Ardeche
The Domaine is situated at the departure of 80 km of marked pathes under shadows. You will find a lot of loops (from 1h to 7h long) but also the GR42, a piece of the Jacob'lane, and you can also walk around on 52 km for discovering the Tour des Crêtes.
We lay at the entry of the Ardeche's Mounts Naturel Park, near by the Castle of Crussol, with is well famous for its Natura 2000 Space with more than 40 species of wild orchids (whose represents near 25% of the total species existing en France)
Horse, donkey, cycle, gyropode :
It is also an ideal location for road cycling, mountain cycling and bikes.
Others sports you can practice within 1H by car : golf, quad, karting, paragliding, fishing (1st cat) in river and in pod, canë, kayak, canyonning, running, ULM, hot balloon ...
Historical resources :
Following the Huguenots's trace, you will discover Ardeche deeply grooved by protestantism. Ardeche has kept the memory for its struggle for difference and tolerance as you will see through differents rests of religion's wars. You will travel through the time over more than 4 centuries.
Lot of sites related this period (Vernoux en Vivarais et the Desert, fortifieds farms, medieval villages, museums)
Do you know that Napoleon was stationed in Valence when he was only Lieutenant Bonaparte ?
We also stay not far from the Vercors, his plateau, amazing landscapes and this important part of the Second world war.
Pedagogic farms : you will have occasion to discover goat farm, cheese producers, small breweries, honey's producers ... It is really a track's game for a comeback to real life.
Natural resources :
Beyond its chestnut grove (CON) you will be dived in the heart of the vineyards of Northern Côtes du Rhône and the Vine Road : Cornas, Saint-Joseph, Saint-Peray, Crozes Harmitage you will learn to taste with various delicatessen. Theses are produced in the Monts d'Ardeche : caillette, sausage, maoche ... and also the famous beefmeat called "Fin gras du Mézenc ! Don't forget Goat' cheese like "Picodon" or "Tomme".
The Nature has given to our Region so splendid landscapes : Mont Mezenc, Gerbier de Jonc, Ardeche'canyons, prehistorical caves whose the worldwide renowned Grotte Chauvet, Aven d'Orgnac and Aven Marzal.
You will can also …
- change of scenery by visiting Peaugres's Safari, Crocodiles's farm, Tropic Aquarium, or Bird's Park at Upie.
- Visit the International Museum for Shoes in Romans or Sweetie's Museum in Montelimar
- Visit the international City for Chocolate Valrhona in Tain l'Hermitage
- In spring to drive trough the Farm to farm Tour, hike during Hiking Feast ou run at Trail in Desaignes
- Cycle at the biggest Cycle meeting in Europe named : l'Ardechoise
- You could also wish to run one stage in Ardeche of the Tour de France or of the Dauphiné Libéré
- Discover the Doux's Valley by Velorail (booking recommended) or by one of these authentic vapor train named Le Mastrou
- Discover the 40 differents species of orchids in the park of Château de Crussol
- To search to come out of the Green Labyrinth